Casino war is often considered one of the easiest card games to play. It is a casino card game based on the age-old game “War”. Each player has to make a wager, and in order for someone to win this wager, their card must be higher than the other player or dealer’s card. If, however, the cards are the same in rank, the player has the option of going to “War” or surrendering.
Going to “War”
If this option is chosen, the player must make another bet that is equal to the first wager. The other player or dealer must match this bet. Once “War” is activated, the dealer discards three cards before dealing a card to the player. The dealer then discards another three cards and deals one card to the other player or dealer. If the player has a card that is higher than the other player’s or dealer’s card then they win the game. If, however, the player’s card is actually lower than the other player’s or dealer’s card then they player loses. Whoever wins the game collects the money, and the dealer will begin a new game. If, however, both player’s cards are equal on the “War”, the player wins the game.
If the player decides to surrender instead of going to “War”, they must give up or “surrender” half of the first wage they put up.
In the game of Casino War, there is an option to bet on the ties. If the player decides to bet on the tie and their card matches the other player’s or dealer’s, the player will win their original wager on the bet at a ratio of 10 to 1.
In Casino War, there is a minimum of two players and maximum of eight. In some casinos, more players are able to participate with backline betting.
The card ranks used to determine the winner in the game of Casino War are in the following order from highest to lowest: Ace, King, Queen, Jack, 10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2. The card suit, however, has no effect on the card’s ranking.
• In order to place your bet or wager, you must place the betting chips in the proper area on the table.
• The wagers must be placed before the dealer announces, “No more bets.”
• Every player must make a primary wager at the beginning of every round.
• Every player that made a primary wager has the option of making a Tie Wager.
• The dealer collects all the losing wagers.
• The dealer will pay all the winning wagers according to the extent of the wager they made.
• Once the wagers have been exhausted, any wagers that are not covered will be returned to its rightful owner.
While the rules of Casino War should be about the same at any casino, there may be some slight variations depending where the game is played. That is why you should always familiarize yourself with the rules of that specific casino.